Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sunday

So glad to be able to post. I am so happy that I am here, living on this earth, serving God and His people as I serve my husband, family and mother.

Work is such a good thing. There is a sense of accomplishment. There is a sense of worth. There is a sense of satisfaction. When I don't work I feel very dissatisfied with everything. When my home is in disorder, I feel crazy.

It is like God has put this love of orderliness in our innermost being and when we are not we are so dissatisfied.

Of course contentedness is a state of mind. When we struggle and strive to get a break ... it never is satisfying. I am learning new each day that it is not the break I need... but the doing of what is right.

1 Timothy 6:6-8

But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment.

For we have brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take anything out of it either.

If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content.

No comments: